FGASA endorsed Learning Programmes in:
- Game Ranging & Wildlife Management
- Nature Conservation and Wildlife Management
- Game Lodge Management
Starting: 15 February 2022
Registrations are now open for 2022!
About this programme
The rapid growth in Wildlife Tourism and Game Lodge industries, as well as an increase in environmental awareness, has created a demand for well-trained, passionate professionals. This 2 year learning programme in Nature Conservation and Wildlife Management (NCWM), with an optional extra 5 months Advanced Field Guiding has been designed with the focus on training professional and knowledgeable nature guides and providing them with the skills required for developing their careers as future ecotourism and game reserve managers.
While knowledge of nature starts with the basics in the classroom, it is not complete without practical experience. The theoretical component of the course is thus supplemented with comprehensive training in the field. You will enjoy weekly practical sessions (nature practicals) as well as a 28 day extensive bush-practical. This bush-practical training takes place in a Big Five game reserve allowing you to investigate nature, including the Big Five in their natural habitat and qualifies you to conduct guided game drives.
Certification on successful completion of studies
On successful completion of the programme you will be awarded all of the following:
- Unigrad short learning programme certificates endorsed by FGASA in:
- Nature Conservation & Wildlife Management
- Field Guiding
- Game Lodge Management
- Unigrad short learning programme certificate in Conservation Concepts
- Unigrad short learning programme certificate in Tourist Destination
- FGASA Level 1 Certificate (Theory & Practical)
- SASSETA Basic Rifle Handling Unit Standard Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- 28 day Bush-practical service provider Level 1 Certificate
- CATHSSETA Skills Programme Achievement Certificate as a Nature Site Guide
|Year 1||Year 2|
National Senior Certificate (Grade 12). If you are currently in Grade 12 you apply with your final year grade 11 results and the most up-to-date grade 12 results. Should you be accepted on the above you are still required to pass Grade 12. Students who do not meet this requirement may apply for special consideration for admission to be approved by the Unigrad advisory board.