(MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email & Internet)
Duration: Saturday mornings (08:30 – 12:30) for a period of 12 weeks, OR Saturday afternoons (13:00 – 16:00) for a period of 16 weeks, OR Monday and Wednesday evenings (17:30 – 19:30) for a period of 12 weeks
About this programme
This is a comprehensive short learning programme that will teach you all the essential skills you need to advance your career and become a truly proficient user of Microsoft Office. Furthermore, the course prepares you for the International ICDL certification examinations.
- Word Processing (Microsoft Word)
- Use a word processing application on a personal computer
- Basic operations associated with creating, formatting and finishing a word processing document ready for distribution.
- Advanced features associated with word processing applications such as creating standard tables, using pictures and images within a document, importing objects and using mail merge tools.
- Spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel)
- Use a spreadsheet application on a personal computer.
- Basic operations associated with developing, formatting and using a spreadsheet.
- Standard mathematical and logical operations using basic formulas and functions.
- Advanced features of a spreadsheet application such as importing objects, and creating graphs and charts.
- Presentation Development (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Use presentation tools on a personal computer and perform basic tasks such as creating, formatting and preparing presentations for distribution and display.
- Create a variety of presentations for different target audiences or situations.
- Accomplish basic operations with graphics and charts and use various slide show effects.
Information and Communication (Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer)
- Covers basic Web search tasks using a Web browser application and available search engine tools, such as bookmarking search results and printing Web pages and search reports.
- Also covers using electronic mail software to send and receive messages.
- Attaching documents or files to a message and organising and managing messaging folders or directories within electronic mail software.