FULL-TIMENational N Diploma in Popular Music: Studio Work (Sound Engineering)Starts 12 February 2024
About this programme
This programme follows a nationally set curriculum exposing students to an intensive audio education that covers every facet of music and audio production by means of a hands-on, learn-by-doing approach. Professional and experienced lecturers will train students in the full range of audio engineering and music production skills, including recording and mixing.
This programme includes training in both classroom and hands-on studio environments, covering a wide range of audio disciplines. During the programme students will also be exposed to recording an album and how to set-up their own studio.
Certification on successful completion of studies
Students write national examinations set and administered by the Department of Higher Education (DHET). Successful students will achieve the following:
* Once students have successfully achieved all three N4 – N6 national certificates and have worked for 18 months or 2000 hours in a sound recording / sound engineering environment, they will be entitled to receive the highly respected National N Diploma in Popular Music: Studio Work.
National Senior Certificate (Grade 12). If you are currently in Grade 12 you apply with your final grade 11 results and the most up-to-date grade 12 results. Should you be accepted on the above you are still required to pass Grade 12. Students who do not meet this requirement may apply for special consideration for admission to be approved by the Unigrad advisory board.
Textbooks, exams, lectures and various student events are included in the tuition fee. Contact Unigrad and speak to any full-time student career consultant for course fee information.
Semester 1: February – June | Semester 2: July – November
- Sound Engineering I & II
- Arranging and Production I & II
- Electronic Music and Keyboard Techniques I
- Music Business and Styles I
- Live Sound and Digital DJ’ing (A)
- Sound Engineering III
- Arranging and Production III
- Electronic Music and Keyboard Techniques II & III
- Music Business and Styles II & III
- Live Sound and Digital DJ’ing (B)