PART-TIMECoding Fundementals Duration: Two evenings a week (17:30 – 19:30) for a period of 8 weeks
About this programme
This short course sets out essential concepts and provides skills relating computational thinking and coding to create basic computer programmes.
Many IT job roles that are not explicitly focused on software development require an understanding of the principles of computational thinking and the foundations of coding. You will become familiar with core techniques such as problem decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction and algorithms as well as practical skills relating to coding.
Who is the ICDL?
The ICDL is internationally recognised as the global standard for End-User/ Personal Computer skills and is widely adopted by governments, international organisations and corporations alike. The unrivalled quality of this internationally recognised short learning programme certificate and its vendor-neutral status, coupled with the unique social ethos of the ICDL Foundation, makes the ICDL the natural choice for organisations worldwide.
The following topics will be covered in the programme:
- Understand key concepts relating to computing and the typical activities involved in creating a program.
- Understand and use computational thinking techniques like problem decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction and algorithms to analyse a problem and develop solutions.
- Write, test and modify algorithms for a program using flowcharts and pseudocode.
- Understand key principles and terms associated with coding and the importance of well-structured and documented code.
- Understand and use programming constructs like variables, data types, and logic in a program.
- Improve efficiency and functionality by using iteration, conditional statements, procedures and functions, as well as events and commands in a programme.
- Test and debug a programme and ensure it meets requirements before release
Certification on successful completion of studies
On successful completion of the programme you will be awarded an ICDL Certificate in Computing and a Unigrad College Short Learning Programme Certificate in Coding Fundamentals.
Textbook, ICDL student registration and exam fees are included in the tuition fee. Contact Unigrad and speak to any student career consultant for course fee information