PART-TIMECyber Security Duration: Two evenings a week (17:30 – 19:30) for a period of 8 weeks
About this programme
Cyber security allows students to understand the main concepts underlying the secure use of ITC in daily life and the use of relevant techniques and applications to maintain a secure network connection, use the internet
safely and securely, and manage data and information appropriately.
For individuals and organisations, securing data and information is highly important as it is valuable. You need to have the appropriate knowledge, skills and awareness to protect them.
Who is the ICDL?
The ICDL is internationally recognised as the global standard for End-User/ Personal Computer skills and is widely adopted by governments, international organisations and corporations alike. The unrivalled quality of this internationally recognised short learning programme certificate and its vendor-neutral status, coupled with the unique social ethos of the ICDL Foundation, makes the ICDL the natural choice for organisations worldwide.
The following topics will be covered in the programme:
- Understand the importance of keeping information and data secure
- Identify common data/privacy protection, retention and control principles
- Recognise threats to personal security from identity theft
- Threats to data from using cloud computing
- Passwords and encryption to secure files and data
- Understand the threat of malware and be able to protect a computer, device or network from malware and address malware attacks
- Recognise common network and wireless security types and be able to use personal firewalls and personal hotspots
- Protect a computer or device from unauthorised access and be able to safely manage and update passwords
- Use appropriate web browser settings and understand how to authenticate websites and browse the web securely
- Understand communication security issues that can arise from using e-mail, social networks, voice over Internet protocol, instant messaging and mobile devices
- Backup and restore data to local and cloud storage locations
- How to dispose of data and devices securely
Certification on successful completion of studies
On successful completion of the programme you will be awarded an ICDL Certificate in Cyber Security.
Textbook, ICDL student registration and exam fees are included in the tuition fee. Contact Unigrad and speak to any student career consultant for course fee information.