Part-Time Short Learning Programme CertificateBookkeeping
Starting Dates 2024:
– Saturday classes 3 February
– Evening classes 6 May
About this programme
This short learning programme in Bookkeeping presented at Unigrad College, is designed for students who are responsible for controlling the finances of a small business or who are responsible for the bookkeeping aspect of financial management in larger organisations.
Students are introduced to source documents, Value Added Tax (VAT), the rules of double entry, subsidiary journals, the general ledger, trial balance, bookkeeping for the different inventory systems, as well as bank and creditors reconciliations.
This course will also empower you with the skills required to be an Accounts Clerk (the individual who processes monthly financial transactions) and to perform the Debtors and Creditors Clerk functions.
The following topics will be covered in the programme:
- Introduction to business, bookkeeping and accounting
- Value added tax (VAT) and source documents
- Recording cash transactions
- Recording credit and sundry transactions
- Inventory systems
- Individual accounts for debtors and creditors, and the control account system and the supplier and general ledger reconsiliations
- Bank reconsiliation process
- Drafting financial statements
- Saturday mornings (08:30 – 12:30) for a period of 12 weeks, or Monday and Wednesday evenings (17:30 – 19:30) for a period of 12 weeks